Monday, November 2, 2009

Update on the situation with my mom

I talked to her about the note she wrote, and she said that it was hard to talk about the subject without crying, because she is disappointed. She said that she went full circle in letting me go, from 'hell no, you can move out if you want to do that' to 'whatever, he's 19' to 'he can go, but think about it.'

She wants me to think if it is something I really want to do. she thinks it is a rash decision that i might regret later, saying 'Why did you let me do that?' What she doesn't seem to get is that I would never regret an attempt to expand my intellectual horizons, even if it fails.

In any event, I will give it serious thought as she asked. Don't foresee changing my mind though.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I feel your pain. I know my mother would react in the same way, only she wouldn't let me go. Of course, I'd never ask her outright either. lol

    I wish I could go to Skepticon. :( Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete